25 Book Reviews

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Another Fantastic Short Story by Popular Author , Beth Wiseman!!

"The Shell Collector's Daughter"

         By Beth Wiseman

Synopsis:

From bestselling and award-winning author Beth Wiseman comes the latest addition to her popular Surf's Up series. Each Surf’s Up novella takes the reader to a beach locale, weaving romance and adventure into a soul-soothing journey of hope. Carianna's story is a heartwarming tale which follows one woman's journey as she navigates the many types of love God gifts to us. “People tell me that I’m special. I don’t see it that way. I’m just different.” ~ Carianna Marie Sparks Carianna isn’t like other twenty-six-year-old women. She’s never been on a date, never experienced the euphoria of a first kiss, and certainly never been in love. Can a man’s heart speak to hers in a way that she can understand? And if so, will any man believe that she sings with the angels and has tea with God? Will they see the star dust twinkling in her eyes or hear the secret whispers of the ocean in a sea shell? Dominic is grieving the death of his mother, so he welcomes a job opportunity that takes him to a beach community near the Texas coast. But what begins as a distraction and change of scenery shifts into a healing journey filled with discovery. Amidst his heartache, Dominic finds love in a beautiful and unexpected way when he meets Carianna—the shell collector’s daughter. But can Dominic convince Carianna’s father to lift his protective wings and allow Carianna to soar into the life that God meant for her? And will Carianna hear Dominic’s heart speaking to hers in a way that she understands? Other books in this series: A Tide Worth Turning, Message In A Bottle, and Christmas by the Sea.

My Thoughts:

Everyone who knows me well, realises that Beth Wiseman is one of my all time favorite authors!! Her unique talent of drawing the reader into the story and becoming part of it, is evident in every one of her creations, this one being no exception. This novella is number four in the "Surfs Up" Series. Each of these novellas carry a special message that lives on in your thoughts, long after completing the book.

The description of the setting, a beautiful beach, drew me immediately. It is not  a place that I go often but when I do, I always think of the majesty of God. His ability to create this little bit of heaven is amazing! As I read the story, I was able to sit on the beach with the main character, Carianna, studying the seashells and finding unique and valuable treasures on her doorstep. The realistic and detailed description of the characters had me involved in the plot from beginning to end. Carianna's ablility to talk to God and hear that still, quiet voice had me deep in thought about my own life. Do I take the time I need, to hear Him when He speaks?? Do I see the good in others as she did??  What a great example of Christian, she is!
Domenic was such a fine, young man, who quickly appealed to my sense of romance. 

The plot was very different from most stories. It was one of a sweet romance as well as showing us how one can grow one's faith. This delightful romance develops , as Domenic embraces the faith of Carianna. 

What a marvellous and different read!! Light, however, thought provoking!!! 

Ok, Beth!! I dare you to outdo this creation!! This was outstanding!!

This ebook was received as a gift. The opinions and thoughts expressed are honest and my own.





1 comment:

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...