25 Book Reviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Another Great Book from the Author of "The Red Door Inn"!!!

               
    "Where Two Hearts Meet"
             By Liz Johnson

Synopsis:

In her kitchen at the Red Door Inn, executive chef Caden Holt is calm, collected, and competent. But when her boss asks her to show off their beautiful island to impress a visiting travel writer and save the inn, Caden is forced to face a world much bigger than her kitchen--and a man who makes her wish she was beautiful.

Journalist Adam Jacobs is on a forced sabbatical on Prince Edward Island. He's also on assignment to uncover a story. Instead he's falling in love with the island's red shores and Caden's sweets. 

When Caden discovers Adam isn't who she thought he was, she realizes that the article he's writing could do more than ruin the inn's chances for survival--it might also break her heart.

Readers will discover hope for the hurting, joy for the broken, and romance for the lonely at the enchanting Red Door Inn.

My Thoughts:

This book, the second in Liz Johnson's "Prince Edward Island Dreams" series , is another contemporary romance which includes a wonderful mystery involving the characters at the Bed and Breakfast, "The Red Door Inn". After thoroughly enjoying the first in the series, I felt as though I was once again visiting good friends on the picturesque island. What a wonderful setting for a romance!! The island, described in such detail , has me eagerly planning a trip to this small island in Canada. The birthplace of the Anne of Green Gables series has always been appealing to me, but this novel actually has me drooling over the scenery, the b and b, and yes, even the food that is so well described in the story.. 

The characters were so vividly and realistically described, that I immediately became entrenched in their lives, troubles, challenges and all. Caden and Adam became my best friends, as I travelled for a short while alongside them in life's journey. I appreciated the individual struggles that the characters faced. It reminded me of a very important thing- we NEVER have to carry our burdens alone. There is always someone to help us and guide our path.

The plot moves steadily with just enough twists and turns to keep the reader engaged from beginning to end of the book. As the plot progressed, the relationships of the characters were developing  and growing in strength. Some of the struggles were shared by the two , others were individual battles being troublesome. 

I highly recommend this book to those who love contemporary romance as I do. Now, I am eagerly awaiting Book Three in the series!!

This book was supplied as a gift by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing. The thoughts expressed are honest and my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...