25 Book Reviews

Sunday, November 8, 2015

A Delightful Story for the Christmas Season

"The Christmas Joy Ride"
    By Melody Carlson

 Whenever a book is offered to me for review purposed, by this author, I must admit that I jump at the chance. Her books are easy reads with a deep meaning that always remain long after I have finished reading the book. The themes of her books hit a spot deep in my soul that make me think and hopefully become a better person.

Synopsis:

Miranda did not put adventure on her Christmas list, but thanks to her eighty-five-year-old neighbor Joy, that's exactly what she's getting this year. When Joy tells Miranda that she plans to drive an old RV decked out in Christmas decorations from their Chicago neighborhood to her new retirement digs in Phoenix--in the dead of winter, no less--the much younger Miranda insists that Joy cannot make such a trip by herself. Besides, a crazy trip with Joy would be more interesting than another Christmas home alone. Unemployed and facing foreclosure, Miranda feels she has nothing to lose by packing a bag and heading off to Route 66. But Joy has a hidden agenda for their Christmas joyride--and a hidden problem that could derail the whole venture.

No one captures the heartwarming fun of the Christmas season quite like Melody Carlson. Fasten your seat belt, because it's going to be an exciting ride!

My Review:
This book is truly one that exhibits the true meaning of Christmas!  It is one that at one moment has you chuckling, then at the next moment, in tears . Christmas joy is the theme throughout the tale,   however the author has shown this in an unusual way. We most often think of family and friends at this time of year, but Melody shows us how an individual can change the lives of strangers!!  

The characters in this Christmas story are unique, realistically described , as well as somewhat quirky. Joy is an elderly lady easily endeared to you, but also a mystery to your usual expectations of a person that age She has the most giving heart that one can imagine and her dreams are those that all of us should take heed of. I must admit that she made me examine my life and how I could positively affect others through good works. I was able to identify easily with Miranda , who at times, was totally overwhelmed and confuse by her elderly friend. I easily identifies with both of these ladies, good hearted souls who were full of love and Christmas cheer

The plot moved quickly with just enough surprising twists and turn to keep the reader glued to the page.
I just could not put this book down until I reached the end. This book was truly inspirational and uplifting, giving the reader a meaningful message. What can we do for others to make their Christmas dreams come true?? 'Is this not what Christmas is all about??

Definitely a five star book!!

This book was provided by Revell in exchange for a fair and honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...