25 Book Reviews

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Christmas Tale

"The Gift"
By Wanda Brunstetter
I have never been disappointed in Wanda's book and this one is no exception! It is the second in the Prairies State series but could be easily read as a stand alone. Wanda' s abiltity to develop her characters in a realistic and complex way is outstanding in this novel. The two main characters are realistic , with problems such as you and I could have. They became my best friends and at times, i became so involved in their lives that I forgot they were not real !! The plot moved quickly with unexpected twists and turns ! The reader is kept guessing throughout the book. Just when you think you have the answers to their problems and challenges, another surprise awaits you. The world passed me by as I was glued to this book! Yes, my husband can attest to this fact, as meals and housework were forgotten. The theme throughout made me really think ! The past deeply affects the future. God has a plan to heal hurts and solve problems, if we only will step back and allow Him to take control of our lives. A five star book!! Eagerly awaiting the next!!
This book was provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...