25 Book Reviews

Friday, September 4, 2015

A Beautiful Christmas Story with a Deep Meaning

Beautiful Star of Bethlehem
By Lori Copeland


I have enjoyed every one of Lori's books, however, thought to myself,, "Will a novella be interesting??" After all, I enjoy a long complicated plot and usually am rather sad when the last page is read. This book was certainly no disappointment. The first page grabbed my attention and I could NOT put it down. Upon reading the end of the tale, I was left in deep thought . LIfe is uncertain. Our lives can change in a twinkling of an eye. We need to appreciate each moment we are given with our loved ones and have those wonderful memories to look back on;. A loving couple is on their way to celebrate Christmas with a new granddaughter when the tragedy occurs. I couldn't help but grieve for the main character. Waking up in a long term care facility with no recollection of the horrible events are beyond comprehension. I felt her fears, challenges and her confusion. The plot moves quickly with unexpected twists and turns. I must say I had no idea how this story would end. Would it be happy ever after, or not?? The Christmas theme is throughout the story and the special meaning of the title becomes clear. Definitely a five star book! 

This book was provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...