25 Book Reviews

Sunday, April 19, 2015

How Far Would You Go to Discover the Truth??

     "finding me"
By Kathryn Cushman

What would you do if you discovered your life was a lie?? When I read this question on the back cover of this book, it really made me think! What would I do??? I really don't know, however I know I would be confused, terrified, and my faith would definitely be tested. This is the case of the main character, Kelli. 

Synopsis: All of her life, Kelli Huddleston has been told the story of a fire- a fire that had killed her mother and two siblings when she was still an infant. After her father had died, she uncovers an unbelievable secret. There is clear evidence of another story , completely different from what she had believed for years. There were newspaper clippings about a boat accident that killed a young father and his infant daughter. Kelli soon realizes the story of her life has been fiction. NOT one bit of truth!

How far should Kelli go to discover the truth??? With a few family pictures in hand, which might be those of her real family, Kelli crosses the country to Tennessee determined to uncover the truth about what happened twenty years ago in a small town. But this trip threatens to open doors to the past that will hurt many people . Would it be better to leave it shut??  Kelli's plans for the future become jeopardized. She is faced with a choice that will change her life forever. Should she  keep investigating or go back home to her old life, one that is no longer real???

 Kathryn Cushman has the wonderful ability to describe her characters in a realistic way so that you immediately identify with them. I could feel Kelli's every fear, challenge and hurt. I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and tell her that everything would be alright. I questioned, why would she ever have been told such lies?  What would I have done if put in her situation??

The plot is well developed with many twists and turns. Just when you believe that you have answers to the mysterious situation, there is a new fact that comes up to change the whole outcome. I was engrossed from the first page to the last. The world passed me by as I kept my nose in the book until I had reached the last page. 

This book made me really search my soul - what would I do if I learned that my life was a lie?? Would I still be able to function? Would I be able to love those who had lied to me???

The book does make you think! It is clearly a five star book!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".






No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...