25 Book Reviews

Monday, August 2, 2010

An Excellent Example of Suspense Writing

Book Review
Steven James Launch Party!





"The Bishop"
by Steven James

This book was one of the best suspense thrillers that I have read for a long while.  I am not a great fan of this genre, so did not know what I would encounter when reading it.  I do question the fact that it is classed as Christian Fiction, as I did not find any reference to the faith that I feel it should have portrayed to be put in that category. That put aside, it was a fantastic read and I enjoyed it from beginning to end.  The first chapter grabs your attention and keeps it!!

FBI agent, Patrick Bower, has cutting edge skills and in this book push him to the limit when a young woman's body is discovered brutally murdered in Washington DC.  Her killers continues his spree of murders  which tend to be the perfect crimes- it seems no mistakes are made to leave clues behind to aid solving the crimes. As nothing seems to link the crimes, FBI Agent Bower faces the most difficult case yet- finding an answer to these murders is his quest. You can live this situation with him as the scenes are vividly described. Bower's personal life is crumbling around him, but he persists!  He must find the answer at all costs and he does!!

The adrenilene flowed in my veins as I read this thriller, always wanting to  know what was going to happen next-  no predictable events in this book!!   The author definitely engaged you actively in the crimes and emotions -  his and others in the story.  Well done. I highly recommend this to other readers- even those who don't like thrillers, may get "hooked".  OH, and I love the connection to the Bishop in the chess set.  What a unique idea!! Creativity flows in this author!! Now, I want to read the other books in his series!!

'Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc. Available now at your favorite book seller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...