25 Book Reviews

Monday, March 15, 2010

Beginning Quilting

I have had such a glorious time learning to quilt. My first experience was in Lancaster PA, among the Amish- who have to be the most talented quilters I have ever seen. Humble, creative, faithful souls , they are. I took half day workshop and learned the basics of handquilting, then came back to ON, Canada to begin my lessons on piecing a quilt. Luckily, I found an excellent teacher and shop and have had a positive beginning.
I have much to learn, but with help, I am sure I can "get" it right!! With my Amish built frame, I sit and relax in the evening while stitching. So.... it's not perfect.... but maybe some day it will be!! At least in someone's eyes- NOT a quilter!! Anyone can learn to quilt, I am convinced!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...